Donald Duke, the Social Democratic Party (SDP) Presidential Candidate, says he is campaigning in spite of litigation
Former Cross River Governor, Donald Duke, told journalists in Lagos on Saturday that his campaign would officially commence next week as he had been pronounced the bonafide candidate of SDP by the Court of Appeal.
The court in Abuja on Thursday declared Mr Duke the presidential candidate of SDP for the Feb. 16 Presidential Election.
Mr Duke said: “I may have lost time over the proceedings but it will not in any way stall my progress or affect my victory at the polls. We have concluded arrangements to kick-start a very smart campaign that will reach the electorate across the nation. My campaign will not be a conventional one but it will be very effective. Nigerians are yearning for an alternative platform and we intend to position ourselves as that alternative that the people crave for.”
Mr Duke also urged all aggrieved members of the party to unite and work as one family to ensure victory for SDP and its candidates across the country.
Mr Duke said SDP was working on bringing Mr Gana fully back to its fold, adding that he (Duke) would have accepted defeat and worked with Mr Gana if the judgment had not been in his favour as was earlier agreed by the party.
“Gana is mature and noble and am sure we will get through this to achieve the Nigeria of our dream,” he said.
The SDP presidential candidate said Nigeria needed something new that would give young people hope which was what he represented.
“Outside President Muhammadu Buhari, I am the only presidential candidate that has headed a government. I have the experience. My vision is that we cannot leave Nigeria the way it is any longer. We need to love ourselves, we have lost our humanity. It’s not going to happen overnight but I see the Nigeria of my dream emerging in the next 10 years,” he said.